Friday, March 30, 2012

The Taming of the PC

In his agonizingly long short life, Vinayaka Rama managed to do a lot of things. Spending a week in police custody was one of them. This particular piece of history does not deal with the cause but rather with the sufferings of Vinayaka Rama and the people who made the mistake of striking a conversation with him – when he was in their custody.


And one day, Vinayaka Rama managed to escape from the police custody…. Only to end up returning for the night. The constable was shocked. The shocked constable made the mistake of asking ……


PC - Why did you get out?!

VR - Because I could not stay here any more!

PC – And, why could you not stay here!

VR - I wanted to see how it looked outside.

PC - But you said you got out because you could not stay here.

VR - Yes.

PC - And now you are saying you did not stay here because you wanted to get out.

VR - No.

PC - YES.

VR - No.

PC - What did you say then?

VR - I said I didn’t stay because I wanted to look what was out there.

PC - And you did not stay there because?!

VR - Because I saw what was out there.

PC - And you did not like it?

VR - No.

PC - What do you mean by ‘No’?

VR - The answer to your question.

PC - But what is it?

VR - It means No.

PC - I know what No means. I don’t know what does No mean for my question.

VR - What is your question?

PC – Didn’t you like it?

VR - What?

PC - What you saw out there !

VR - Don’t you know what is out there?

PC - I know.

VR - Ok.

PC - Tell me.

VR - You already know.

PC - What?

VR - Yes.

PC - No. I don’t !

VR - You said you knew.

PC – What exactly did I say?

VR - When?

PC - What?

VR - What?

PC - What did I say?

VR - When did you say what?

PC - How am I supposed to know that?

VR - And how am I supposed to know what you are supposed to know but you don’t know?

There was a punch. A few stars. A single red bump on the chin. There was the bruised face of Vinayaka Rama and a bruised soul of the police constable.



No comments: